430 St Garmon was believed to have preached in the area
1065 Battle of Mechain
1166 Fortifications in the area known as ‘Domen Gastell’ probably built by Owain
Fychan ap Madog
1254 The village church St Garmon’s dates from about 1254 (Link to article of
1603 Earliest records of baptisms, marriages and burials date from 1603.
16thCent. The Plas yn Dinas public house dates from the 16th Century and is believed
to have originally been a courthouse.
1785 The only record of any one from Llanfechain being transported occurred in
1785 when John Evans was sentenced to be transported to Tasmania for